Monday, March 21, 2011

Following an Idea

I've found so much inspiration with the flowering vine piece that I've been working non-stop on translations and variations.  From the initail inspiration piece, I started making a necklace.  Here's how it started:  sterling silver flowering vines much like the original element; I tried different stones and loose flowers and leaves.


I kept playing with elements and then turned them into this:


To finish, I set an opal as the featured stone and linked the vines together with wire scrolled links.  I particularly like the clasp--a flower and leaves to bring the design around the neck. 


Here's a detail of the front:



After the necklace, I opted to make a pair of earrings.  Here are 22g sterling silver flowers and leaves on 18g sterling silver vines.  They have stud backs behind the swirled stems and are about 2 inches long. 

More designs are coming including bracelets, earrings, and more necklaces!  Check back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment