Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hoops

The trunk show was a success--thank you for all the support and encouragement! 

It's been a great, but exhausting week and I'm finally back in the studio where I'm creating some new hoop earrings for a couple different clients.  I love hoops, but I very rarely make them, so this is the perfect excuse to have some fun.  And these are what I've come up with so far:

The scale is hard to tell here, but the upper left pair is 1 3/4 inches from top to bottom.

This pair of hoops was designed for a client who loves large earrings and does not have pierced ears.  While clips make it more accessible for large earrings, hoops in the very design are more difficult to work in the mechanism. 
I hammered 2 pieces of 22g sterling sheet that is 3/8 inch wide.  I first formed the outer hoop and bent the face to house the clip finding.  I then formed the inner hoop to add interest to the earring from the side. 


They make quite a statement!

The next two pairs of hoops were designed with specific criteria.  The first being 1/4 inch wide with sterling balls soldered on the face.  They hang 1 3/4 inches long. 

Simple, yet striking. 

The second pair is just over 1/4 inch wide and slightly concave with silver bars piercing the hoop and each bar is balled at both ends.   These hoops are also 1 3/4 inches from top ball to bottom ball.

The design creates an interesting focal point and adds a contemporary flair to the average hoop earring.

I can't wait to make more!

No comments:

Post a Comment