Monday, October 10, 2011

Earring Commission

Well, this morning I was able to cross these 2 pairs of earrings off my to-do list--yeah!!!!  A client approached me earlier this summer to recreate a pair of earrings she loved from an oversized, photocopied, black and white picture.


We talked about making one pair in gold-fill with cubic zirconias and a second pair in sterling silver with peridot and the only change in design was that they had to be clip-ons.  The lower stone we decided would be 10mm and the top 6mm.  I did the pricing and specs and got to work in late September and here's how things came together.

I started with the sterling pair--I was able to buy the bezel settings and then fabricate the rest.  They went together beautifully and are quite striking.


The second pair I was a bit more concerned about because I have never worked with gold-fill and I really couldn't find any findings that were pre-made except for the clips.  So, I had to fabricate all the pieces and hope for the best.  They went together better than I imagined until the very end when I struggled with one of the little 6mm stones--ugh!  One earring was complete and the other had to wait until I was fresh again the following morning and what a difference it made.  Here they are.


Now here's a comparison to help with scale:


I had to imagine the actual size of the original earrings because this picture was soooo oversized.  I think they look great and I hope she'll be pleased!   

No comments:

Post a Comment