Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two Styles Merge -- Reticulation and Minnows

Recently I was contacted to create a pendant.  The woman loved my jewelry designs and had a stone that she wanted me to work with.  I was happy to work with her and the stone and we met to discuss the project.  After a fun story about her property, pond, and minnows, we worked on a design to feature my textured reticulation, as well as a minnow.  I drew up 4 designs and this is the one that she selected:


Reticulated silver rectangle 1 5/8 inches wide with a sterling wire squiggle and balls and a gem cut quartz bezeled in fine silver.  We wanted the minnow to have a hammered pattern and wiggle. 

And here's the finished pendant!   


I love the way the reticulated metal evokes the feeling of undulating water and the balls creating bubbles from the fish.  Loretta loved it and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment