Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

What a great 4th of July weekend!  The weather has been spectacular and I've been lucky enough to enjoy time with my sister and her family, my parents, and my husband.  A great day started with a morning at Grimes Cove Beach and then a delicious barbeque at Mom and Dad's.  I was also lucky enough to have a little time in the studio to create some fireworks of my own.  Here's some new pieces in the reticulation series. 


First, I made a new circle link bracelet.  It has four 1 1/2 inch circles that I reticulated and embellished with some silver bars and balls.  I shaped them into soft rounded forms that curve around the wrist and then linked them together.  A simple hook clasp is easily closed by the wearer.  

Here's a detail of one of the circles.

I've been very fortunate to have sold a few things so far this summer and have had some requests for more reticulated rings and round pendants.  So I took the opportunity to create these new pieces:

a sterling ring with silver and gold ball accents and a 3mm rhodolite garnet gemstone.  The shank was reticulated first and then formed.  I then added some of the balls and continued adding more as I modified the design. 


and this silver pendant with swirls and balls and 6mm blue topaz cabochon.  It will be suspended from a silver cable neckwire.  I really like the way the swirls extend beyond the circle and add a new dimension to the piece.  They remind me of ocean waves. 


Hoping to get a little more studio time tomorrow.  More work in process.

No comments:

Post a Comment