Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Thanks

After celebrating a great Thanksgiving that was full of quality family time and yummy food, I managed to get back in the studio today.  Initially it was difficult to stay inside as the sun was beaming and the sky was bluer than blue, BUT it was 18 degrees outside and that was enough to keep me inside and get started. 

I visited the Center for Maine Craft in Gardiner last week and was pleasantly surprised that a couple pairs of earrings had sold leaving my flower series with only 1 sole little pair of flower studs.  This gave me my direction for today--to design some new flower earrings.  Here are the beginnings of 4 new pairs:


They are all 24g sterling silver that I cut and dapped and embellished with silver round and hammered balls.  The top two pairs are slated for long dangling earwires.  The bottom pair will be studs and the smaller double flowers will cap a bead.  I started wearing a pair of earrings a few months ago and have fallen in love with them and can't give them up, so I fashioned some of these to be similar. 

A nice walk this afternoon broke up my work time and gave me the energy to finish up.  If only the sun stayed up so I could photograph them.  Check back in the morning for photos of the finished earrings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment