Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Beginning

This is the beginning of what I hope will be an entertaining and informative view of the goings on in my studio while I create my one-of-a-kind jewelry.  I'll show you new pieces as they start right through to the completed piece, as well as talk about different stones and techniques that I use. 

A little information about myself: 
I am formally trained as a sculptor with a degree from Boston University.  I moved from Mass to Maine full-time in the summer of 1995.  Always interested in making jewelry, I first started in 1996 with an introduction class at Maine College of Art and the rest is history.  My interest is in creating original designs in silver and gold, using precious and semi-precious stones and beads, while working in series and not interested in mass production.  I appreciate seeing the hand that makes the jewelry. 

I'm not really sure about this whole blog thing, but...here goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment