Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Working Through

I find my creativity and mental state are very connected to the weather.  Sunny and I'm on top of the world; gray and rainy--well... gray sucks every bit of creative energy out of me.  Needless to say, it's been raining here for 4 days straight.  I go to work in the studio and everything is a challenge.  Every decision to make is difficult.  I question everything and wonder what am I doing!!!  Where are the days of endless, flowing ideas and designs?! 

They'll return as will the sun.  So in the meantime, I'm just holding on and working through. 

Here's a new necklace with some of my favorite sterling spooly beads.  Handmade from hollow tubing and capped with dapped discs to cup the 20mm beads.  I stamped each tube with a small, repeating circle and added sterling disc dividers to accentuate each ocean jasper's individuality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment