Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daisies

So, I've been working all day in the studio and don't have much else to show other than all these daisies.  I am inspired by flowers of all kinds and have found petalled flowers, like daisies, get repeated in my work all the time.  I make them in all sizes, in silver and gold, some with 5 petals others with more and one day I will make a die to punch them out of the metal so I don't have to saw each one out by hand.  But, until then, I will have good days and bad, using one sawblade for a couple months, then running through 5 blades within 3 hours, which was today. 
The cut daisies get filed and sanded and then I mix and match them to create necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. Today my focus was on beads and bead caps.  I took the daisies and dapped them to form an almost half circle and then soldered some of the larger with the smaller to make multi-level pieces.  My intentions are to make a necklace of round semi-precious beads and surround them with the daisies.  They'll cradle the beads and add an interesting line to them.  Hopefully it will work out as well in the final project as it does in my mind.    

No comments:

Post a Comment