Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back at It

I made it back in the studio this weekend and it felt good!  After receiving my metal order a week and a half ago, I decided it was time to clean the studio--I couldn't see the top of any of my benches.  So after being a lump without motivation, I jumped back in with both feet and created these new cuff bracelets.  Yesterday was a little rough, but today really pulled things together. 

Here's the first cuff shown in 2 varied positions.  It is reticulated silver with a sunburst variation soldered on.  Silver balls were added for dimension to the overlap.  I like the movement the lines create around the wrist.


Notice the little oval in the back of the cuff--that's where I put my hallmark and sterling stamp.  I've found that sometimes the metal is so heavily textured you can't see the stampings, so this way it adds a design element and solves the reading inability. 
The second cuff is similar to others--it has the split front overlap, but here I added some silver balls and one 4mm fine silver bezel cup to the overlap.  It was difficult to decide what color stone to use, but ultimately I went with a red garnet.  It's translucency shows off the lovely red color, while maintaining a simple, uncluttered look. 


I have another exciting piece in process, but decided it was time to stop for the night.  I'll keep working on it this week and hope to announce it soon.  Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. Haven't looked at your blog in a while and it seems that you are right back on track! these are beautiful!! Love..love...the last one you did with the pre-retituculated silver..very different look..very appealing. Keep up the great work. Time for you and I to get together!

    ReplyDelete