Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Similar But Different

Here it is--the latest cuff bracelet! 


What do you think?!  The big difference with this piece is the metal--I used pre-reticulated silver which is more highly textured than what I've been creating; and while I like it, I do feel it is busier looking and I didn't want to embellish it as much.  So, I decided to keep it simple.  I used some large silver balls that I lightly hammered and soldered them along the seam line.  I then added 5 tall pieces of silver that I mounted bezel settings on.  I set four 3mm rhodolite garnets and one 3mm amethyst.   Here is another view--note the height of the stones, as well as the varying height of the balls.


To achieve the final finish, I brushed the bracelet with several different wire brushes, which allows the metal to shimmer and shine. 

And that's all for now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment