Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Knockout Necklace

As you can see by the last number of posts, I am still hooked on creating in my reticulation series.  I'm using the same technique, but trying to mix it up a bit and think I've really made something with this necklace.  





















Perhaps you remember these beautiful black tourmaline beads?  I've been looking at them for months and finally the design came to me...I reticulated and then hand formed the hollow silver beads in a similar shape to the tourmaline; embellished the beads with silver balls and small silver jump rings around the bead holes.  The design is meant to be slightly off-center with a hidden box clasp in the back bead.  Here are a couple of details of the beads:


It sits comfortably like a collar, flat around your neck AND the black tourmaline beads are perfectly smooth against your skin. 

More new designs using this same technique are coming along.  Watch for more soon--exciting things are happening!

1 comment:

  1. We love what you did with these tourmaline beads.
    :)
    Sophie & Robert

    ReplyDelete