Friday, February 18, 2011

Necklaces

Have I ever said that I really LOVE making necklaces?!  Well I do and I can't help myself.  Long, short, chunky, fine, beaded, metal, or pearls, I love the impact of jewels around the neck.  Whenever I go into my studio and I don't know what to do, I'm always drawn into creating a necklace and here is one of the latest designs:  
  

Flat turquoise beads are strung with two sizes of handmade double dome reticulated beads and finished with a sterling hook and eye clasp.  I used little 3mm round sterling beads between all the beads--it brings attention to each and allows for a gentle separation. 


Here's a close up of one of the double dome beads.  It is one inch around, knowing that you can see the turquoise beads range in size from wider than 2+ inches to the smallest at about 3/4 of an inch wide.  The turquoise color is bright and clean and fresh and mixed with the silver beads exudes a modern, yet classic look. 

Spring has been in the air the last few days.  Just wait to see what's coming next!

No comments:

Post a Comment