Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Couple New Things

I've been working and creating in the studio and have been focused on using stones and beads that I've had in inventory.  Sometimes working with what you have gives enough inspiration to spark new things.  That's what I've found with these two necklaces. 
This design started with the Picasso jasper cabochon and I worked from there.  It's bezeled in fine silver and has a black onyx bead drop.  The pendant has a nice brushed silver face and can be worn on the black spinel beads or can be removed and worn on a silver chain. 

This second necklace design started with the soft triangle pyrite stone--its black motherstone infused with gold flecks of pyrite.  A fine silver bezel is mirrored by sterling silver wire that becomes the bail for the faceted pyrite beaded necklace.  Dropped below is a pyrite nugget that my dad found in Brunswick, Maine.  This pendant can also be removed from the beads and can be worn on a silver chain.

I'm continuing on this road until a new one presents itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment