Sunday, April 22, 2012

Keeping it Up

I've been trying to keep my stride in the studio--working on a couple more new rings, as well as some commissions.  This ring is really great!  The turquoise stone is huge!!!  22 x 30mm--I wish the scale showed.   
The stone is bezeled in fine silver and the rest of the ring is sterling silver.  The shank is nice and heavy too.


Here's a new picture showing how the ring looks on--isn't it great?!

This next ring I struggled with.  We fought the whole time, but I persevered and got it done!  Not sure why some pieces go smoothly and others can be painful--something to do with the creativity gods I guess.

Here's a rose cut free-form blue sapphire and a 2.5mm diamond.  Both are bezeled in 22k gold and the accents are also 22k.  The remainder of the ring is sterling silver.  I love to mix silver and gold so you're not tied to one or the other.  The gold adds warmth, and the silver has strength. 

Put it all together and the results are striking. 

It's raining here, and it's supposed to get even worse tomorrow.  We need it!  Here's hoping I'll get another full studio day!

No comments:

Post a Comment