Wednesday, April 11, 2012

On a Roll--Rings


I was working in the studio this weekend and was drawn in by some new stones.  I decided it was time to make some new rings.  I started with this Labradorite ring. 

The Labradorite is a 12x12mm antique cushion cut.  It's bezeled in fine silver and the rest of the ring is sterling silver. 

The second ring I designed after selecting the stone--an 18 x 25mm Chinese turquoise.

The colors are turquoisey, underwater looking, and beautiful!  The bezel is fine silver with the rest being sterling silver. 

The third ring shows off a Peruvian opal: 
I wish the shimmer showed in the pics, but it's pretty tough to capture.  Doesn't it look like a landscape?  This stone is smaller--about 10x12mm and is bezeled in fine silver.  I liver of sulphured the sterling "plate", so the silver hammered balls shine in contrast. 

That ends this run of rings, but I think I'm going to continue!  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I especially love the Peruvian opal. Keep rolling.

    ReplyDelete