Saturday, June 12, 2010

Double Dome Day

I revisited one of my favorite things to make--the double dome bead.  I like to use them as pendants and string them with different beads like this--it's sold, but still one of my favorites:


Today I started with 2 two-inch discs that I stamped and hammered with a multi-flower design and then domed them.  After doming, I filed and sanded the edges to make a nice even fit where the two circles meet.  Before soldering, I filed 2 small holes in either side (where the string will go through), which allows the air and gases to escape while soldering.  Here's what the bead looks like so far.  It's highly polished so it's very reflective in the photos.

front
back

I'm thinking I'll string this new silver bead with these funky amber beads.  Check back tomorrow to see the finished piece. 




This is another double dome bead.  It's one inch around and reticulated, and will look great strung with some small black spinel or green tourmaline beads.  I'll figure it out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment