Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Early Summer Blooms

The flowers in the garden are easily 2 weeks ahead of normal, so why not keep up with Mother Nature and create some new blooms of my own.  I started by cutting out different size flowers from 20 and 22 gage silver sheet and then played with them and decided what each would become.  I like to find new ways to cut and form jewelry with the flowers for earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.  These earrings are great in person.  They are about an inch across and have silver balls soldered in the centers. 


Next up was a selection of 6 six-petaled flowers that I thought would make a great bracelet.  I soldered half circles on the backs of each flower and then linked a large jump ring between each flower.  I got soooooo many ideas and new inspiration for additional bracelets, that I wondered if I needed to add anything to this one. 


I decided to keep it simple, classic.  The flowers are lightly brushed and the links are highly polished.  When worn, the bracelet sits flat and comfortably around the wrist.  Look for new designs based on this coming soon.


These are one of my favorite flower designs to create with.  I started with a flat flower and added an additional domed flower on top.  I decided to let these dangle from an earwire and embellished them with these yummy translucent blue chalcedony beads.  

One last thing that's in process: 

I started with 18g silver sheet and drew three different flowers joined at the tips.  Sawing the design out was a challenge with such thick metal--I think I broke at least five sawblades!  That's all for now.  How's that for a tease!  Watch to see this piece evolve.


1 comment: