Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stormy Saturday

Stormy outside, but smooth sailing inside.  I approached work in an orderly fashion with some "to dos"--large, lightweight reticulated earrings; reticulated bracelets; flower jewelry; etc.  Sometimes just having a sense of direction is all I need to get me started, and then I'm engulfed in full create mode.  The need for the large reticulated earrings came about when a client earlier this week fell in love with a pair of earrings, but felt they were a little heavy and pulled down her earlobes.  But, she (and I) thought the earrings looked fabulous and I didn't have another option in that size.  So...these are a new alternative version:


They are reticulated 1 1/4 inch squares with sterling balls and bars suspended on an earwire, so they dangle from the ear.  The original pair (at right) is 1 1/2 inches sqaure and in a heavier gauge silver.  I think the two designs compliment each other and offer another option for the wearer.

I was able to get going on a new bracelet as well.  I opted to create a new cuff bracelet fashioned very similarly to this bangle.  I like the overlap design and the cuff style seems to be popular.  It's reticulated and I added my usual silver balls and bars, but added one lone 24k gold ball accent. 


What I really like about this new cuff is the opening in the back.  I've curled the edges and softly melded them together for a comfortable fit and easy to put on and take off. 


We'll see what Sunday brings for new designs. 

1 comment:

  1. More beautiful reticulated pieces are lovely!! The bracelet is stunning, nice work as always.

    ReplyDelete