Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finishing up

Here's the finished bead from yesterday.  It's strung with the amber nuggets and I think it works.  Definitely a substantial piece--the problem with photos--it's hard to tell the scale.  I like the way the amber beads hug the center silver bead and reflect off the shiny surface. 


I also worked on another double dome bead.  This one with appliqued flowers.  It's sterling silver with one 18k gold flower.  I love the look of this bead, but it has taken me almost as long to polish and finish it, as it did to make it!  Not sure what I'll string it with, but am leaning toward some beautiful faceted blue kyanite beads.   


Until next time...thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. The beads are so great!! Love them and a great use of your flower theme. The amber necklace looks spectacular with it. Looks like a good weekend for you in the studio. :)

    ReplyDelete