Sunday, April 25, 2010

Discipline

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm very disciplined.  Because I work a full-time job, on top of my jewelry business, I have to be able to focus and create when I have spare time.  I do it to a fault sometimes.  Every free moment I am home, I am in the studio creating something.  Today was no different, BUT...it was gorgeous out!  And with the threat of rain for the next couple days, I made a compromise with myself--work a little, then walk the gardens a little, work a little more, then walk a little more and admire all the new plants growing.

So, that's what I did.
I worked a little: 

Then I walked a little:
My plum tree is in full bloom and the bees were loving it today.  See any inspiration here?!
Worked a little more: 

Walked a little more:
And enjoyed my newly planted pansies.  I bought so many for my pots that I had to plant a bunch in the garden.

Back inside to work some more: 

And then back outside again:

I ended up finishing the day back in the studio with two additional pairs of earrings. 
One flower inspired and the other a continuation in the reticulated series. 
  

I had a lot of energy and inspiration to work today and even got to enjoy the nice weather too.  Now that's a good day's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment