Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Finale

It's hard to believe it's the last day of August.  Where did the summer go?  Actually, according to the weather, it's still here--it's 95 degrees outside! 

I have taken a little time off during the past 2 weeks, and now feel the pull of the studio calling.  I've been gearing up to work on a few new projects, specific commissions for clients.  While I love the designing process, the commission is a challenge that I enjoy--creating jewelry for and with the person it's made for.  Here are a couple pieces from the past:

This triple strand pearl and sterling necklace was designed as a choker and can be worn with the large mabe in the front or in the back.  The hidden clasp makes for versatile wearability.

These silver and mabe pearl earrings were designed for a client who fell in love with a similar pair that had sold.  But she wanted them designed smaller and more appropriate for her face.  I based the design on the original, larger earrings, but scaled down the size of the pearls and the overall beaded edge and they worked beautifully for the client.  She was thrilled and so was I!

I'm working on a ring design based on this previous layout, but the new ring will be featuring an antique, 10mm faceted amethyst set in gold and silver.  It will be coming to life in the next couple of weeks and I'll be sure to post photos while it's in process. 

Jewelry is one of the best accessories to have tailored to yourself.  Don't be afraid to ask for a necklace to be shortened or lengthened so it lands at the most appropriate spot and I'm always happy to take old, unworn jewelry and turn it in to a piece that you'll love and wear for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment