Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fall Is In the Air

It's been showing itself slowly--a whisper of cool air, yellow crowns of goldenrod, and even a tip-tinged maple--glimpsing shots of fall.  With back to school a week away and colorful notebooks and newly sharpened pencils lining the shelves of stores, I find myself getting ready--ready for what's next.  Lot's of thinking and ideas to work through and many of those will come out in the next few months.  But, (sigh), I have work to do (now) and jewelry to create, so today I found myself continuing with my reticulation series. 

Here is a new reticulated silver cuff with overlap and silver and gold balls bubbling over the lip. 


I see a wave--kind of an abstracted ocean look with this--what do you think? 

I also completed these earrings: 

 

They are reticulated sterling with balls and 4mm amethyst cabochons bezeled in fine silver.  The bottom circle wiggles under the top, while reflecting the light beautifully.  

I'm continuing with my favorite series and am coming up with new ways to invent designs and expand my jewelry lines.  This will be an exciting time--just stay focused on all the positive.  Fall is my favorite time of year--wearing a sweater on cool nights, breathing the salty ocean air, and slowing down to a comfortable pace after all the craziness of summer.  I'm not wishing it to arrive sooner than September 23rd, but I am certainly looking forward to it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment