Sunday, August 1, 2010

Design and Gearing Up

So I've been focused on getting ready for my jewelry party that is coming up on Tuesday, which means finishing up some half-completed pieces and prepping display, mirrors, boxes, etc.  But, I've had these emeralds that have been quietly calling me to use them to design a necklace with gold.  So I answered the call and created this:


A sweet and delicate looking necklace that plays with the glow of the green emerald and the warmth of the yellow gold.  It was really hard to photograph, but in this detail shot, you can see the little 18k royal yellow gold flowers strung along with 18k gold beads and spaced evenly with the emeralds. 


I also answered a call from the gorgeous South Sea pearls that I knotted up a while ago.  When I knot pearls, if at all possible, I try to keep 2 of the smaller to make a pair of earrings.  This was the case here, and because they are such beautiful pearls, I wanted to do something simple but special.  Here's the result:


These 18k royal yellow gold flower studs have the South Sea pearls dangling below.  Put them on and the flower sits nicely on the ear and the pearls wiggle as you move and draws closer attention to their beauty.  This is my version of the "Girl with the Pearl" earrings. 

I'll have more updates later.  Don't forget Jewelry Party on Tuesday, August 3, from 5-7pm at 31 Townsend Avenue, Boothbay Harbor.

1 comment:

  1. The emeralds look amazing with the little delicate gold flowers.
    :)

    ReplyDelete