Monday, August 9, 2010

Cuff-tastic!

Cuff-tacular! Cuff-a-rific!  As promised, new cuff bracelet designs!  I've been getting great response from my cuff bracelets this summer, which is great because I love making them!  Each design differs from the next, but they all exude a contemporary feeling. 


First up is an off-center split cuff with balls and bars exploding out from the center.  The pieces are 2 inches and 1 1/2 inches high.  The brushed finish is heightened with lightly polished balls.

Here is a second cuff bracelet while in process:


I reticulated three pieces of silver and then soldered them together while flat.  Next I formed to the cuff shape and worked up the design with the balls, bars, and bezel cups.  I thought I'd try to create another cuff similar to the beaded cuff that I loved and sold before I was really able to examine and admire it. 

I opted for black onyx cabochons to contrast with the brushed silver finish for a dramatic effect.  Here's the finished piece:



Look for these designs arriving in my cases soon.  Also, a trip to CRAFT gallery in Rockland is in my future.  I'll report later this week.

1 comment: