Thursday, May 27, 2010

Circle Reticulation Necklace

After my last post, I continued to work on the new necklace--an hour here and there before and after work.  After one morning and evening of continued work, I had the necklace to this point.  All the pieces were embellished with silver balls and bars and a couple gold accents and joined with the balled sterling wire.  I cleaned the whole piece with a bristle brush that leaves a lovely, soft brushed finish. 

The following morning I found that there was too much space between the circles, so I shortened them and was pleased that the necklace sat much nicer around the neck.  I set the oval black onyx cabochons, then lightly polished the bezels and balls on the smaller discs for a highlighted look against the satin finish of the background. 

After a quick tumble, the finished reticulation necklace looks really great.  It has a real contemporary feel and I'm pleased to have completed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment