Thursday, May 13, 2010

Stealing Time


I've been stealing an hour before work and an hour or two after dinner to keep moving forward with some new designs.  I selected a pretty purple amethyst cabochon to be the center stone and started designing from there.  Keeping in the style and series of my previous rings, this bezel is 18k royal yellow gold with ball accents on sterling silver that is lightly hammered. 


Because the amethyst's color is enhanced by the natural light shining through, I cut the backing out and raised the setting off the ring shank. 
I hammer set the cabochon and highly polished the edge and gold balls.  Haven't quite decided if I will polish the whole ring or keep it with a brushed shank, but this is how the ring looks for now because--it's time to go off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment