Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rings and Things

I've been trying to move forward with life and work and have fortunately been able to get some work done in the studio.  Been focusing on several different things, but really struck a roll with rings using some of my newest stones.  I started out with one of the beautiful large blue kyanite squares and mixed sterling silver and 18k yellow gold to create this--

I followed up with another new square stone, but this time a smaller bluish-green tourmaline cabochon.  It's bezeled in 22k yellow gold and has a small gem cut peridot on the corner and a few 22k gold dots.  The setting is raised off the shank and sits very comfortably on the finger--

This ring I finished last night.  It has a star ruby cabochon that is bezeled in 22k yellow gold with tiny gold dot accents and a heavy sterling ring shank.  It is highly polished and looks beautiful.  I couldn't get a photo showing the 6 pointed star, but will try again. 

It's a happy thing when all the pieces come together.  I'm going to keep going with the flow and make  more rings.  Still have lots of new stones to play with including all color tourmalines, kyanites, opals, sapphires and more! 

I love this photo showing the rings together.  Wouldn't you just love to have them all?!

No comments:

Post a Comment