Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day Weekend

I started the holiday weekend with half a day off spent in the studio before the gala opening at the gallery on Saturday night.  During that time, I continued working on my reticulation series and came up with this design: 


It's mostly silver with a few gold balls, one 3mm blue sapphire gemstone, and three blue sapphire briolette bead drops.  The pendant piece is joined to a faceted blue chalcedony necklace.  It's a little different from the other pieces in the reticulation series and I'm pleased with the final result.

The opening went well Saturday night and launched us into what we hope will be a busy and exciting summer season.  I got some great feedback about my new designs and loved hearing what everyone was attracted to. 


Today, I started the day in the studio, playing with some tuquoise cuff links.  My husband always suggests making more mens jewelry--so I went with it and created these hammered 3/4 inch circles with 10mm turquoise cabochons.  They are highly polished and shimmer and reflect the light beautifully.


I continued working into the early afternoon on a new sterling ring.  It has a wide, low dome shank that is lightly reticulated.  A 10mm round garnet is  hammer set in fine silver and retains the subtle shimmer of the hammered texture.  Each side is embellished with two sterling and one 24k gold ball.  It's classic yet contemporary and wears well.   

That's all the studio projects for today.  I spent the rest of the glorious afternoon in my gardens--the weeds have definitely taken over! 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh those sapphires & chalcedony beads are amazing...love it!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete